Horatio Alger Texas - Fort Worth Scholarship Program
12 $7,000 Scholarships Awarded
Funded through the generosity of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation.
Please also visit the details for our Texas Scholarship Program
and our John Hardin Hudiburg Scholarship Program and our Ronald C. Waranch Scholarship Program
The Horatio Alger Texas- Fort Worth Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students from Fort Worth, Texas who have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity and who aspire to pursue higher education.
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Texas - Fort Worth Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in Fort Worth, Texas; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2015 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Be a resident of Fort Worth, Texas; and
- Be a United States citizen