Horatio Alger Louisiana Scholarship Program
25 $10,500 Scholarships Awarded
Funded through the generosity of Association Member William J. Doré
All recipients must plan to attend and enroll in a university/college in Louisiana.
The Horatio Alger Louisiana Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students in the State of Louisiana who have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity and who aspire to pursue higher education.
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Louisiana Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in Louisiana; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2015 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in Louisiana. (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Be a resident of Louisiana; and
- Be a United States citizen